Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blog 2

At the end of last summer I had the choice of getting a new car or keep the car I already had. For most people they would pick a new car, but the new car I wanted would get 12 mpg's and the car I already had got 24 mpg's. At the time I was looking for a cool car, a 4x4 and something fun. This gave me the choice of a Jeep, Bronco, a FJ40, or an older 80's 4runner.

Of course, wanting something other then my old cheep Camry, I chose to get the Jeep. The opportunity cost in this is that I can spend lots of my "hard earned" money on gas to be able to drive this gas guzzling pig, or drive the old beat up lemon that gets a whole lot better gas mileage and save up for something else. Also the Camry would never break down because it was well made, but on the other hand the Jeep I found had what mechanics call "the Camry engine for Jeeps," this means it was built well and would never break down. I did have to pay to fix it up a bit to meet DEQ standards (needed a catalytic inverter), and have to pay a lot for gas, but other then that in happy with my purchase.

This all leads me to wonder on all the money I could of saved and other purchases I could of made if I kept my old lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment